THE EFFECTIVENESS OF COGNITIVE-BEHAVIORAL THERAPY IN SUICIDAL IDEATION AND EARLY MALADAPTIVE SCHEMAS OF THE GIRLS REFERRING TO THE SOCIAL EMERGENCY OF THE COUNTRY
Introduction: Suicide is one of the problems of mental health and since it is defined as an action that a person does deliberately and with the knowledge of its probable outcomes in order to hurt himself, his cognitive abilities play a direct role in committing it.
Aim: The present research was conducted with the aim of investigating the effectiveness of cognitive-behavioral therapy in suicidal ideation and early maladaptive schemas of the girls referring to the social emergency of the country.
Method: This study was conducted as an experimental research with a pretest-posttest control group design among the girls referring to the social emergency of the country in Alborz Province in 2017-2018. 50 girls participated in the study, of whom 25 subjects were placed in the experimental group and 25 subjects in the control group. The subjects were selected through random sampling method and completed Beck Scale for Suicidal Ideation (1961) and Young Early Maladaptive Schema Questionnaire (2002). After recording the data in SPSS-24, analysis of covariance method was employed to analyze the data.
Findings: The results demonstrated that cognitive-behavioral therapy is effective in reduced suicidal ideation and early maladaptive schemas of the girls referring to the social emergency.
Conclusion: According to the obtained results, understanding one’s abilities and situations for success and reduced anxiety and depression can be the result of these cognitive-behavioral therapies, ultimately leading to decreased schemas in individuals.
2. Aliverdinia, Akbar. Yousefi, Neda (2014). Explaining the Idea of Suicide from the Perspective of Public Expansion Theory. Quarterly journal of social development (former human development). Volume 10. Number 1. P. 157-186. [Persian].
3. Safavi, Seyyed Hakimeh. (2015). The Effectiveness of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy on Increasing Hope in Students Suicidal Girl and Son. National Conference on Knowledge and Technology of Psychology, Educational Sciences and Comprehensive Psychology of Iran. [Persian].
4. Hawton C.(2003). Therapy for psychiatric problems. Trans Ghasem zadeh H. Tehran: Arjmand 2003;314-47.[Persian].
5. Chalack, Mohammad Amin. Mirzaei, Parinaz. Ahmadi, Najmuddin Teshan, Nasrin (2018). The Effectiveness of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy on Reducing Suicidal Trend in Students. Sixth National Conference on Sustainable Development in Educational Sciences and Psychology, Social and Cultural Studies.
6. Rahimi, Zahra. Ebrahimi, Mohammad (2016). Initial maladaptive schemas and suicidal tendencies; Testing the role of anger ruminant mediator. The second international conference on modern research in social sciences. June 9, 1396. [Persian].
7. Jamshid Zahi Shahbakhsh, Abdolrahim. Asghari Ebrahim Abad, Mohammad Javad. Mashhadi, Ali. Second Degree, Seyed Hashem. (2015). The Effectiveness of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy in Reducing Anxiety, Anxiety, and Panic Attack in Patients with Mitral Valvular Dislocation. Journal of Shaheed Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, Yazd. Volume 24. Number 2. P. 351-340. [Persian].
8. Moazzeni, Taraneh;. Gholam Razaei , Simin and Rezaei ,Fatimah., (2018). Effectiveness of Schema Therapy on Severity of Depression and Suicidal Thoughts in Patients with Resistant to Depression. Bringing Knowledge Scientific Journal of Yasuj University of Science and Medical Sciences Volume 23, Number 2, June and July. (Continued number 127).
9. Young JE, Klosko JS, Weishaar ME.(2003). Schema therapy: A practitioner's guide. New York, NY: Guilford Press; 2003.
10. Tabatabaei Borzaki, Saeed. Sohrabi Faramarz. Karimi Zarchi, Mehdi. (2013). The Effectiveness of Emphasis on Schema Therapy Techniques on Depressed People's Schemes. Quarterly Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy. 3 (11). P. 75-86. [Persian].
11. .Tagic, Hedieh. Kakavand, Alireza. (2016). Predict the suicidal tendency based on the initial maladaptive schemas in the students. Third International Conference on Recent Innovations in Psychology, Counseling and Behavioral Sciences. [Persian].
12. Gaderi, Farzad Kalantari, Mehrdad. Mehrabi, Hossein Ali (2016). Effectiveness of group schema therapy on modifying early maladaptive schemas and reducing the symptoms of social anxiety disorder. Quarterly Journal of Clinical Psychology. Healthy Sixth Number twenty four.
13. .Sadooghi Z, Aguilar-Vafaie M, Rasoulzadeh Tabatabaie K, Esfehanian N.(2008). Factoranalysis of the young schema questionnaire-short form in a nonclinical Iranian sample. Iranian Journal of Psychiatry and Clinical Psychology.;14:214-21. [Persian].
14. .Lee HS, Kim S, Choi I, Lee KU.(2008). Prevalence and risk factors associated with suicide ideation and attempts in Korean college students.Psychiatry Investig;5:86-93.
15. . Ismaili, Ali. Vatani, Mina. (2013). Forecasting suicidal ideation through initial maladaptive schemas in addicts under preservative treatment. Master's thesis, Islamic Azad University, Shahrood Branch. Faculty of Literature and Humanities. [Persian].
16. .Rahimi, Zahra. Ebrahimi, Mohammad (2017). Initial maladaptive schemas and suicidal tendencies; Testing the role of anger ruminant mediator. The second international conference on modern research in social sciences. June 9,. [Persian].
17. Spirito, A., Esposito-Smythers, C., Wolff, J., & Uhl, K. (2011). Cognitive-behavioral therapy for adolescent depression and suicidality. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics, 20(2), 191-204.
A submissão de originais para este periódico implica na transferência, pelos autores, dos direitos de publicação impressa e digital. Os direitos autorais para os artigos publicados são do autor, com direitos do periódico sobre a primeira publicação. Os autores somente poderão utilizar os mesmos resultados em outras publicações indicando claramente este periódico como o meio da publicação original. Em virtude de sermos um periódico de acesso aberto, permite-se o uso gratuito dos artigos em aplicações educacionais, científicas, não comerciais, desde que citada a fonte (por favor, veja a Licença Creative Commons no rodapé desta página).