THE ROLE OF FAMILY IN ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF RURAL IN OSHNAVIEH CITY IN THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018-2019
The purpose of this study is to analyze the role of family in students' academic achievement. This article is a bibliographic review. In this article, while providing definitions of the family system, we examine the role of this important social system through parent-child interaction methods in students' academic achievement, and we analyze the researches developed in this area. Academic success depends on many causes and the absence of any of these factors causes academic failure. Undoubtedly, among the factors of education, the role of home and school is more important than others. Parents and teachers, as heads of the familiar and the school institutions, are the bases of personality and behavior of the students and their cooperation contributes to the development of intelligent and effective people in society. Usually, parents who are more attentive to their children and their work and monitor their activities and allocate time and facilities to support their child at home and at school will have successful children in the future.
2. Ahadi, Hassan, Jamhari, Farhad. (2007). Developmental Psychology (adolescence and adulthood). Pardis Publications, Fourth Edition, p. 143
3. Byrne, BA. Haddock, CK., Poston, SC. (2002). Mid American Heart Institute. Parent- ing Style and adolescent smoking. Journal of Adolescence, 6(2), 45-66.
4. Chowhury, M.S, & Amin, M.N. (2006). Personality and academic achievement: Interactive effects of conscientiousness and agreeableness on student s performance in principles of economics. Social Behavior and personality, 12, 67-88.
5. Ebrahimi, Ali Akbar. (2012). the Role of Exceptional Child Counselors in Their Parent Education, Moshaveran journal, 5, 198-208.
6. Ezatollah Nardi and Maryam Seif Naraghi. (2011). Exceptional Students: Definition, Types, Colors Causes and Diagnosis of Their Problems Nancy M. Robinson, translation by Farhad Maher, the Mentally Retarded Child, p. 55.
7. Lee, S. M., Daniels. H. & Kissing, D. B. (2006). Parental influences on adolescent adjustment: parenting styles versus parenting practices. The Family Journal: Counseling and Therapy for Couples and Families, 16(4), 69-74.
8. Mohebi Noureddinvand, Mohammad Hossein; Moshtaghi, Saeed; Shahbazi, Massoudi, A. (2014). The Relationship between Family Emotional Climate with Social Skills Development and Academic Achievement in Male and Female Students of Fourth and Fifth Grades of Masjed Soleiman City. Research in Curriculum, p, 33.
9. Pirasteh, Ismail. (2008). Predicting Academic Achievement Based on Family Function and Parent-Child Relationship among Students of Middle School District Six Students in Tehran (2006-2007) Master of Science in Counseling University of Welfare and Rehabilitation Sciences, p, 44-45.